What is Owlstown?
Owlstown is a website builder made specifically for academics. It has several features that make it easier to create and maintain an academic website.
- Add all sorts of academic pages: publications, projects, courses, custom pages, blog articles.
- Customize your website from a set of themes.
- Edit your content anywhere you have a browser.
- Mobile optimized websites that look great on tablets and mobile phones.
- Compose beautifully formatted text with a web-based WYSIWYG editor.
- Collaborate with others to add content to your academic website.
- Add publications easily.
Is Owlstown free?
What is Owlstown Plus?
We offer the Owlstown Plus plan that enable you to get more pages, collaboration features, and connect your site to your own domain name.
Subscriptions to Owlstown Plus pays for the continued development and improvement of Owlstown. It pays for the servers which host the academic websites on Owlstown. It also covers the cost of providing support. Most importantly, it encourages Owlstown to operate in your best interest, as opposed to those of an advertiser or investor.
How is the payment being processed?
We use Stripe to process your payment. It's the same payment provider used in products such as Twitter, Pinterest, and Lyft. We do not handle your credit card information directly.
What are alternatives to Owlstown?
I strive to make Owlstown the best way to create and maintain an academic website. However, if Owlstown doesn't meet your needs, there are many alternatives to Owlstown:
Is Owlstown an academic social network?
You can put links to your social network profiles on your Owlstown website.