What is Owlstown?
Owlstown is a website builder made specifically for academics. It has several features that make it easier to create and maintain an academic website.
- Add all sorts of academic content: publications, projects, courses, blog articles.
- Customize your website from a set of themes.
- Edit your content anywhere you have a browser.
- Websites that look great on every screen: desktop, tablet, or mobile.
- Compose beautifully formatted text with a web-based WYSIWYG editor.
- Collaborate with others to add content to your academic website.
- Add publications easily.
Why does Owlstown cost money?
A project has to be sustainable, or it gets shut down.
The subscription fee pays for the continued development and improvement of Owlstown. It pays for the servers which host your website. It also covers the cost of providing support. Most importantly, it encourages Owlstown to operate in your best interest, as opposed to those of an advertiser or investor.
How is the payment being processed?
We use Stripe to process your payment. It's the same payment provider used in products such as Twitter, Pinterest, and Lyft. We do not handle your credit card information directly.
What are alternatives to Owlstown?
I strive to make Owlstown the best way to create and maintain an academic website. However, if Owlstown doesn't meet your needs, there are many alternatives to Owlstown:
Is Owlstown an academic social network?
You can put links to your social network profiles on your Owlstown website.